Here is information on some of the training and support available to Charter signatories.
Mind has free webinars and resources that show you simple, inexpensive and practical ways to improve mental wellbeing and employee engagement.
Mind also offers a range of training packages, courses are available in-house or through open access courses.
Supporting sports and physical activity providers
Promoting Good Mental Health through Coaching animation – UK Coaching in partnership with Mind and with support from Public Health England (PHE) have developed a short animation and infographics as an introduction for coaches and physical activity providers.
Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity is a three-hour, in-house course aimed at sport and physical activity providers, coaches, sports administrators, front of house staff and volunteers.
- Developed by Mind with support from UK Coaching
- Course written and delivered by people with mental health problems.
- Training is now available across England and Wales.
Mind have developed a toolkit to support organisations to provide sport and physical activity services for people with mental health problems, topics include;
- Understanding mental health
- How incorporating mental health outcomes will benefit your organisation
- Key stakeholders in the mental health sector
- Mental health problems and the law and more
Other useful resources:
- Sport England's mental health pages and infographic
- Student Mind's University Sport & Mental Health Resource
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid is an educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health more information is available here.