Joining the Sport and Recreation Alliance is pretty simple. We have a couple of membership options to suit your organisation's structure.
The membership fee level we require of you is a fixed amount, dependant on your organisations turnover but to give you an idea, fees can be as low as £174 +VAT for a year’s membership.
Find out more below about our membership categories, their benefits and the costs.
If you would like further information about Alliance membership please contact us on 020 7976 3928 / email@example.com or you can start the membership application process right now, by clicking the button below.
To become a full member organisations must be not for profit/and or a charity. Organisations must either be:
- a national governing body of sport or physical recreation
- a voluntary, representative, multi-sport/physical recreation organisation with UK-wide coverage.
CHAMPIONING AND SUPPORTING YOUR WORK
- Be part of something bigger – make your organisation’s voice heard in the sport and recreation sector by feeding into our policy work, get involved in our Divisional Meetings or participate in focused working groups around key topics for the sector
- Benefit from over 80 plus years of sector expertise and a strong voice that gets heard with 320 other sporting and recreation sector members organisations
- Invitations to Parliamentary events, CEOs and Chairs Briefing Sessions and working groups
KEEPING YOU INFORMED AND CONNECTED
- Be informed – we will keep you up to date with each day’s important sport and recreation news as well as news of campaigns, events, research and relevant legislative changes
- Networking opportunities with hundreds other sport and recreation sector professionals at our annual conference, AGM and Sports Summit
- Discounted attendance at events – you can attend any of the Alliance’s packed calendar of training workshops, seminars, conferences and networking events at a member only discounted rate
- Branding - have your logo, link and information on the Alliance website and opportunities to use Alliance communications channels to circulate relevant information to the rest of the sector
SAVING YOU TIME AND MONEY
- Unbeatable work space deals – your membership entitles you to heavily discounted meeting space in central London (we don’t think you’ll find anywhere cheaper), as well as free desk space in our offices
- Work with trusted partners – access the Alliance’s carefully selected Corporate Partners for exclusive deals available only to you
- Free professional advice on a host of issues – free professional guidance via our business support helpline on everything from PAYE to health and safety and pro bono advice from our Legal Panel Framework partners
DEVELOPING YOUR SKILLS
- Get campaign guidance – we can help you structure and implement a campaign, from drafting letters and identifying key contacts, to organising parliamentary meetings
- Access expert governance support for free – you have access to a wide spectrum of information, guidance material, support and best practice to help make running your organisation that little bit easier – all at no extra charge
- Free initial consultation with Governance experts – two hours of tailored guidance for your organisation and attendance at your Board meeting by our Governance Manager
- Boost your board – make sure your organisation is advertising its non-executive director vacancies on our website and you and your colleagues are signed up to our NED matching service
To be eligible for Full Membership to the Alliance your organisation must meet the following criteria:
- It must be not for profit and/or a charity.
- Sport and/or recreation must be at the heart of your activities.
- Must be either a national governing body of sport or physical recreation or a voluntary, representative, multi-sport/physical recreation organisation with UK-wide coverage
- It must have been in existence for more than one year and provide accounts and a constitution when applying for membership
The Alliance reserves the right to refuse membership to any organisation it believes to be ineligible.
If your organisation does not fit the criteria for Full Membership please do have a look at our alternative membership options
The membership fee level we require of you is an annual fixed amount, dependant on your organisations turnover.
We think it makes sense that smaller organisations pay less and so we need a few figures from you to calculate those fees.
The subscription scales for the year commencing 1 April 2017. Please note all fees are subject to the addition of VAT.All except Major Spectator Sports