Established in 1901, The PGA’s mission is to improve the personal and professional lives of it’s Members through it’s strategic principles of providing world class services, influencing through it’s Members and delivering exceptional prestige standards. We deliver industry and academic focused programmes for aspiring PGA Professionals and industry professionals and are proud collaborative partners with the University of Birmingham and the University of Highlands and Islands. The PGA’s unique programmes are the only education routes that lead to membership of the world’s oldest PGA.
About Our People and Our Culture:
Our values of being professional, respectful, supportive and acting with integrity are reflected in our people and are at the heart of all we do. Our tradition and heritage are important as we embrace new and engaging ways of working. Many of our roles offer some flexibility and we offer hybrid working across many of our Departments.
What We Offer:
Up to 25+ days annual leave plus bank/public holidays and a holiday purchase scheme; Pension Scheme; After a qualifying period access to our Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection Scheme, Life Assurance and Company Sick Pay Schemes; 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for your mental, financial and physical wellbeing; free car parking at our offices; Access to tailored learning opportunities through our bespoke platform; and a discount scheme offering savings on shopping, leisure and dining.
To collaborate with and provide support to the Head of Communications and the wider media team, helping to develop and implement a fully-planned, multi-channel content strategy that positively engages member, consumer and industry audiences. To support and fulfil the content requirements of the Association to effectively deliver the right content to the right audience through the right channel at the right time, using data and insight loops to monitor, understand and anticipate audience needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with developing and delivery of The PGA's content strategy to provide key messages to our Members, partners, consumers and the wider golf industry, helping to identify and execute on topics and themes that support the strategy
- Ownership of The PGA’s content calendar and editorial workflow to ensure constant flow of educational, entertaining and informative multi-media content for publishing across variety of digital, social and print channels, including magazines, websites, email and social.
- Commission and coordinate our pool of freelance Regional Content Officers to produce wide variety of content to agreed briefs, formats and deadlines, working to ensure PGA content requirements are fulfilled and cadence is appropriate.
- Supporting Senior Digital Marketing Executive in the production of content to promote The PGA’s key campaigns and initiatives – including PGA Qualifications, PGA Play and PGA Excel.
- Write, edit, proof and publish content to PGA owned channels as required, collaborating with media team and other PGA departments to support content production requirements to agreed deadlines.
- Establish close working relationships with freelance writers, RCOs, content providers, agencies, journalists and industry colleagues to maximise reach and standing of PGA.
- Identify and deliver on ad-hoc opportunities to promote PGA messaging to external audiences, pro-actively engaging with third party media, as well as Members, Partners and industry.
- Support the delivery of PGA tournaments content coverage plans, working with Tournament RCO, tournament team, social team and other key stakeholders to maximise coverage, engagement and awareness of The PGA’s tournament offering.
- Ensure planning and delivery of content for email newsletters, working with Digital Media Executive to produce engaging and insightful email communications for a variety of audiences, including Members, consumers and industry.
- Monitor and analyse key performance metrics and provide reporting against agreed objectives to ensure optimisation of content across all channels.
- Ensure that all content is consistent with The PGA's brand values and supports company mission.
- Co-ordinate content requirements and delivery for PR and media announcements, taking lead on producing informative and engaging supporting assets.
- Plan and deliver coverage/content for external events, including graduation ceremony, trade shows, industry gatherings and partner events as required.
Role Requirements: Education/Qualifications/Key Competencies/ Persona Profile Includes:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in marketing, journalism or other relevant fields, or relevant experience.
- Professional experience in journalism, media or communications with proven ability to create compelling content for variety of different platforms.
- Golf industry experience, gained in media, marketing, communications or journalistic capacity.
- Interest in and understanding of digital and social media landscape.
- Experience of working with content management systems and co-ordinating a pool of freelance writers.
- Strong writing and editing ability to ensure content is delivered in appropriate formats, coupled with good understanding of SEO best practice for enhancing content visibility.
- Experience in planning, editing and commissioning content, using digital tools to maintain content calendar and ensure regular cadence.
- Experience in email newsletter content creation and management
- Computer literate, working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite welcomed.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics (or similar) and social media platforms/third-party tools
- Ability to edit, manipulate imagery and video content welcomed.
- Knowledge of and interest in the latest digital marketing trends and technologies, including AI tools
- Golf knowledge, interest and experience is essential for this role, along with an understanding of the wider golf landscape.
Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills; High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
Good understanding of the role content plays in digital marketing; Able to multi-task and problem solve whilst planning and prioritising a busy workload; Content focused; Highly organised; Extremely pro-active; Naturally creative; Genuine interest in golf; Flexible approach to working as part of a team with a range of stakeholders; Builds strong relationships being an effective and natural communicator; Self-motivated and pro-active;
Whilst this is a permanent, full time role with the core hours of the business being 9 am to 5 pm Monday – Friday, occasional weekend, evening and/or bank holiday working however are essential to fulfil this role. We are providing all employees with the opportunity to take part in our hybrid working trial from day one of employment which offers more flexibility in working hours and dependent on role requirements, the opportunity to spend up to 60% of the week working remotely.
How to Apply:
- Request a job description from firstname.lastname@example.org - the job description will provide you with further details about the role.
- Send your CV with a cover letter that very clearly details how you meet the role requirements listed above and those within the job description to email@example.com. Your covering letter is an important part of the application process and provides you with an opportunity to set yourself apart from other applicants.
The closing date for applications is 16 February 2024 interviews will take place at the PGA National Headquarters, date TBC. If you need any adjustments or additional support with your application, please let us know.