About the role
The Head of Professional Services will be responsible for the implementation of CIMSPA’s Professional Services offer, which includes advice, guidance, and Professional Recognition for the workforce in CIMSPA’s scope who require our support and accreditation.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Policy and Professional Services, you will be accountable for building and implementing an offer which attracts new members of the workforce to seek Professional Recognition, engages and has high levels of retention for existing professionally recognised people, and enables people to gain the level of recognition to match their career aspirations. As part of CIMSPA’s senior management team, you will engage with teams companywide to develop and implement continuous business improvements, through a shared understanding of business objectives and identify effective and efficient solutions to business operations.
You will also need to keep your eyes on the wider environment, regulatory issues, and technological change in and outside of the Sport and Physical activity sector to ensure that the professional services offer meets the needs and aspirations of the sport and physical activity workforce, their employers, and wider stakeholders.
This role offers flexible hybrid working, enabling our colleagues to divide their time between our head office in Loughborough and working from home. Specific details/flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. We recognise the many benefits that an effective hybrid working culture brings to both CIMSPA and our colleagues.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Support the development of, and implement the Professional Services offer.
- Implement the concept of Professional Recognition and Professional Status making this a cultural norm across the workforce and employers within CIMSPA’s scope.
- Support and implement the transition of the CPD policy to the Professional Recognition Policy.
- Develop and deliver programmes and value propositions that ensure professionally recognised people feel the value CIMSPA provides them and are retained.
- Lead and manage the Professional Services department promoting a culture and mindset of ownership, operational excellence, and continuous improvement.
- Business Process Improvement - Define, optimize, and maintain end to end business processes.
- Promote cross departmental working.
- Assist CIMSPA senior management team to deliver the strategic objectives.
- Implement appropriate tools and techniques to measure department performance, providing regular updates to the senior leadership team.