Suffolk FA are seeking two enthusiastic and experienced Trustees to support our motivated and collaborative Board of Trustees. As a member of the Board, you will need to be committed to delivering meaningful outcomes for Suffolk FA.
As a Trustee you will:
• Serve as a Trustee of the Board of Trustees and actively participate in its strategic management
• Execute the responsibilities of a Company Director and Trustee in accordance with the Companies Act (2006), the Charities Act (2011) and other relevant legislation
• Ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the CEO and staff, monitoring the effective management and delivery of Suffolk FA’s strategic aims and objectives
• Promote equality of opportunity throughout Suffolk FA
• Safeguard the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Association
• Oversee the management of risk to the Association
• Develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure
• Contribute to constructive debate on all Board matters.
As Chair (IAG) you will:
• Lead and manage the creation of Suffolk FA’s Inclusion Advisory Group which will have a minimum of six (6) members and maximum of 12.
• Chair the IAG, meeting at least four (4) times per year
• Challenge and support Suffolk FA in terms of our commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
• Support the delivery of equality objectives, ensuring they are embedded across Suffolk FA
• Develop an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) plan
• Promote a culture of respect for inclusion and champion inclusion and equality issues across football
• Support with Equality Impact Assessments
• Seek funding opportunities to support any specific equality projects
• Develop and maintain critical key relationships with various community leaders and organisations within Suffolk
• Be a positive ambassador for Suffolk FA
We are particularly looking for professional expertise from the following areas:
• Football Industry
• Diversity & Inclusion
About the Organisation
Suffolk FA is the not-for-profit governing body of football in Suffolk. We are one of 50 County FA’s and are part funded by The FA. We support over 25,000 registered players, 300 clubs, 1500 teams within 11 affiliated adult, youth, women’s, and disability leagues.
We seek to improve opportunities and engagement for children and adults across the county and strive to positively influence participation for all in football regardless of age, ability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, and socio-economic status.
This is an exciting and challenging time for Suffolk FA as we work to embed our recent transition to charitable status whilst also working towards the FA’s Code of Governance.
Suffolk FA is committed to creating a Board of diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds who can add value to the game and our activities in Suffolk.
It is essential that applicants have significant knowledge and experience of operating at a strategic level and equally bring a breadth and depth of knowledge or experience in either of the following areas: football, fundraising, diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and belief.
How to Apply
To apply please provide a CV together with a covering letter explaining your interest and why your feel your experience is suitable for this position.
Applications should be addressed to: Mr Phil Lawler, Chair – Board of Trustees – email@example.com
Closing date: 12:00 noon on Monday 11th July 2022