RYA North East
We are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual to work within the RYA North East Region in close partnership with the Regional Development Officer to support club development and deliver a partnership project providing youth sailing and marine environment education.
The successful candidate will;
- Support affiliated clubs across the North East to increase membership and participation.
- Manage and deliver a project providing over 300 young people with sail training and environmental awareness training within the Tyne to Tees area.
- Support key events.
As well as striving to achieve targets within the area of increasing diversity, the role holder will also be required to work as part of the regional team to support and attend regional conferences, lead workshops, gain responses to RYA surveys and organise events as required. Sailing Development Officers are required to take responsibility for meeting project specific targets to grow participation and membership in line with the RYA North East Regional Plan, thereby supporting the objectives of the RYA Strategy.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experienced Dinghy Senior Instructor.
- Competent Microsoft Office user.
- Project management / delivery.
- Experience of working with a volunteer network.
- Development of partnerships.
- Creating development plans.
- Knowledge of RYA schemes and programmes.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- RYA Sailing Schemes Trainer.
- Windsurf Senior Instructor.
The SDO will be engaged by the RYA on a self-employed basis to provide sport development services to support the development and delivery of core projects.
Although subject to the continuation of external funding and satisfactory performance of the individual, the aspiration is to offer an annual contract based on up to 106 days p/a. The individual will be expected to work flexibly to achieve the goals with working days per month flexing to meet workload, this being agreed in advance as part of the planning process.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Sam Usher (Regional Development Officer – North East) at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is midday on Monday 5 July 2021.
Online interviews will be held during the week of 12 July 2021.