Partnership Liaison Officer
Service Description and Person Specification
This contract with Mountain Training England provides a key role in developing MTE’s reach through exploring, establishing and developing partnerships to further the aims of the organisation. The contract holder needs to have a thorough knowledge of Mountain Training, its ethos and operations in order to represent MTE and establish projects with potential partners to support the delivery of MTE’s strategic development plan.
The main focus of the role is in promoting and developing inclusive pathways into our entry level qualification schemes and skills courses, where there is a great potential for growth. The contract holder will liaise with our Council member organisations, key partner organisations within the sector, commercial businesses and wider stakeholders. The PLO will work closely with officers within Mountain Training, based at Siabod Cottage in Capel Curig, in order to realise partnerships operationally.
The contract holder is expected to undertake travel where appropriate, and to work remotely and independently for much of the time. They will need to liaise regularly with the team at Siabod Cottage and attend meetings in Capel Curig and Manchester. They will be line managed by the Executive Officer.
The contract is offered initially for 115 days per year (equivalent to a 0.5 employment contract) for two years, subject to review thereon.
- Promote Mountain Training qualification and skills courses to a wide range of English organisations.
- Promote and develop projects and pathways with partner organisations to support participation in Mountain Training schemes.
- Working with the Governance and Equity Officer, promote diversity in the participation and delivery of Mountain Training schemes.
- Liaise with Mountain Training staff with regards to the operational implementation of such partnerships.
- Represent Mountain Training at promotional events and conferences.
- Develop providership and candidate pathway opportunities with other organisations in collaboration with the Development Officer.
- Explore commercial partnerships and where appropriate develop business opportunities that support our participants, candidates and providers.
- Working with the Governance and Equity, and Marketing Officers, develop information resources to support partnerships.
- Report to the MTE Executive Officer.
- Hold a Mountain Training qualification.
- Have experience of Mountain Training schemes and a thorough understanding and knowledge of them.
- Willingness to work weekends or evenings if necessary and willing to travel.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to Mountain Training’s aims and ethos.
- Able to self-manage and drive projects through on own initiative, working independently.
- Current full driving license.
- IT literate.
- A pro-active resource investigator.
- Registered self-employed with HMRC.
- Be an active member of a mountaineering association.
- Have experience of managing and developing commercial projects.
- Experience of speaking at major events.
- Experience of designing and developing educational resource material.
- Experience of partnership development and projects.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of third sector qualification and/or participation schemes.
- Proven experience of meeting project targets.
- Sales and/or marketing experience.
Due to the privileged access to key partners that this post will necessitate, active MTE course providers will need to demonstrate how they would minimise any potential conflicts of interest when applying for this role.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 26 April 2021. Interviews will take place in mid-May, to apply please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.