The main purpose of the role is to support the transitioning of athletes throughout the British Para Table Tennis WCP (World Class Programme) Performance Pathway, with the focus on working with, identified Pathway, Confirmation, and a selected number of Academy programme athletes. You will work closely with the Pathway Manager to support key individuals to become medal potential podium athletes at future Paralympic Games.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead and coach Pathway, Confirmation and a selected number of Academy programme athletes on the WCP based at the English Institute of Sport, Sheffield.
- Be responsible for the planning, design and delivery of Pathway, Confirmation and a selected number of Academy IAPs, (individual athlete plans).
- Lead and coach on Futures and Pathway/Confirmation camps (usually at weekends).
- To assist the Pathway Manager at International F20/F40 competitions with identified Future, Pathway and Confirmation athletes.
- To assist the Head Coach at a selected number of International competitions working with Academy athletes.
- To travel around Great Britain on certain dates identified to work closely with Pathway and Confirmation athletes and coaches within their club environments.
- To support the Pathway Manager around Talent Recruitment initiatives.
- To be an integral key member of the WCP’s coaching and performance support team.
- To work with the WCP’s EIS Sports Science practitioners in the development of Confirmation athletes.
- Work closely with the Head Coach/Pathway Manager to ensure that training and competition programmes for Pathway, Confirmation and selected Academy athletes are well managed and reflective of progressive athlete development needs, aligned to the WCP’s Performance Matrix.
This role will require working patterns that include evenings and weekends, as well as domestic and international travel.
The successful candidate will need to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check (previously CRB check) for this role, prior to their start date. This will be funded by BPTT.
British Para Table Tennis and Table Tennis England are an equal opportunities employer, and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A copy of the policy can be found on the Table Tennis England website.
To apply, please send your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Wednesday 17 March 2021. Interviews will take place w/c 29th March 2021.