Head of Communications
This is a fantastic role for someone who wants to reshape a brand and inspire new and existing audiences.
Should you be successful, you will:
- Manage the Communications function providing effective guidance and support for your team;
- Own, develop and operationalise the organisation’s brand and communication strategies to position the organisation and the sport in a powerful and consistent manner;
- Develop and champion the organisation’s customer engagement strategy, being the go-to person in terms of insight, data and contact management;
- Oversee and maximize the organisation’s communications platforms and delivery of the annual communication plan;
- Oversee the organisation’s marketing function ensuring campaigns are fully integrated and optimized;
- Develop external broadcast and media relationships and exploit opportunities to increase the sport’s profile.
You’ll be someone who has a strong background working in communications, possibly within the sports industry. You will have the ability to work strategically to inform and influence a range of audiences, whilst not being afraid to get your hands dirty.
Experience in digital and social media is important in any modern communications role, as well as a proven track record of demonstrable results whether it is income generation or behaviour change amongst a target market. You will understand how to leverage external media and be relentless in your ambition to increase the visibility of our sport. Most of all you’ll be excited about the challenge to change the mainstream perception of bowls.
Bowls England is the national governing body for Lawn Bowls, the form of the sport which is played at the Commonwealth Games. Over 100,000 people play bowls regularly within the 2000 bowls clubs nationwide. Our mission is to promote and develop the sport of bowls across England so it enriches the lives of its participants, connects communities and is in good health for future generations. We live and breathe our values, appreciate these qualities in others and look for these characteristics in new members of the team. If you’re collaborative, adaptable, responsible and encouraging, you’ll definitely fit in.
Full details of the opportunity can be found on the Bowls England website.
To apply, please send your CV, together with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, to Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the job title as the subject.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 18 January and first round interviews will take place virtually during the week commencing 25 January.