A fantastic opportunity at the London Football Association has become available as Head of Football Services. Ideally based in London (but with schope for flexible working), the successful candidate that takes on the role will earn £42,000 per annum.
The London FA is responsible for governing, safeguarding and developing football across London. In line with its new 2020-2025 strategy, the Head of Football Services is a key leadership position in the business and will be responsible for implementing a long-term vision for the football services department. At the heart of London FA’s strategy is a vision to harness the power of grassroots football to enrich more lives in London. This is the perfect opportunity to join the organisation at an exciting period of transformation and modernisation.
The London FA is a diverse and inclusive team committed to representing the many rich and varied communities across London. Therefore, as an equal opportunities employer, the association actively seeks to promote diversity in its workforce.
- To lead London FA’s football services department, providing strategic direction as part of London FA’s senior management team.
- Create a long-term change vision for the football services department that is innovative and contributes directly to the organisation’s strategy, The FA’s National Game Strategy and the organisation’s inclusion and diversity objectives.
- To deliver collaboratively across the organisation on a set of joint goals, leading by example.
- Responsible for increasing income and reducing expenditure across the football services department, contributing to London FA’s overall financial performance.
- Senior lead and strategic responsibility for London FA’s Cup Competitions programme.
- To act as Deputy Senior Safeguarding Lead, and lead the London FA safeguarding team to deliver on the safeguarding operational plan.
- To lead a review of all aspects relating to football services and then deliver changes for a more customer focused, efficient department.
- To lead on all aspects relating to football governance, discipline and regulation.
- To identify and monitor key measures to continuously improve the performance of the football services department
- To lead and empower the football services team, to ensure their work matches both the business need, their personal ambitions and individual skill-sets.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
The closing date for applications is 17.00 on Friday 2nd October 2020. Please email your completed job application form to the CEO: Paul.Bickerton@londonfa.com.
For an informal discussion regarding this position, please call Paul Bickerton on 07885 407539.