1. To provide leadership of the Company within a framework of prudent and effective controls, which enable risk to be assessed and managed.
2. To set the Company’s strategic aims, ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the Company to meet its objectives.
3. To set the Company’s values and standards and ensure that its obligations to its members, to the sport and to other stakeholders (including funders and all its statutory obligations) are understood and met.
4. To exercise all reasonable care and judgement, to uphold the highest standards of integrity and probity, and to safeguard the name and reputation of the Company.
5. To ensure the Company accounts present a true and fair reflection of its actions and financial performance, and that the necessary internal financial control systems are put in place and monitored regularly and rigorously.
6. To scrutinise the performance of the Company's operational management in meeting agreed goals and objectives and to monitor the reporting of performance against agreed strategic and operational plans and budgets.
7. To develop a constructive working relationship with the Chair, fellow Directors, CEO and Senior Management Team, providing support and guidance in areas of particular expertise and knowledge.
8. To uphold the values of the Company, as an appropriate role model and to ensure, as a Director, that he/she promotes equality and diversity for all its members, staff and other stakeholders.