Location: West Midlands
- The Director works in a non-executive capacity to provide leadership and strategic direction to the appropriate committee and executive responsible.
- The Director sits on the British Eventing Board of Directors and works with the Chairman and senior executive team to ensure effective governance of the organisation.
- Protecting the reputation of the sport and organisation together with overseeing the disciplinary process for members are also included in the role.
- There are a number of sub-committees of the Board of British Eventing set up for the purpose of overseeing the various specialist areas of British Eventing.
- Act as a Director of British Eventing (the Company) in the best interests of the Company and in line with the Companies Act 2006 and in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Sit on the BE Board and actively engage with the development of strategy, policy and budgets
- Monitor the performance of the Company and ensure that policy and targets are met
- Act as a strong advocate for the work of British Eventing and the wider British Equestrian Federation
- Ensure that the Board has a good understanding of the needs and requirements of Sports Governance or PR and communications or IT so that effective communication can take place
- Ensure that the Board makes balanced and objective decisions
- Attend the relevant Committee meetings of which there are 4 per year
Relevant skills, experience and attributes:-
- Upholds the highest standards of integrity and adheres to the Seven Principles of Public Life (selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership)
- Be enthusiastic, dynamic and energetic
- Have a strong sense of team work and willing to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Knowledge, experience of financial matters in the corporate world is essential Can afford the time to commit to the role British Eventing actively promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all parts of the community
Term of Office
- BE Board Directors may stand for 2 terms of 4 years each.
- The role is voluntary. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.