England Netball are The National Governing body for England's biggest female team sport, with 92000 affiliated members and at least 1.4 million women playing netball every week. Over the past 4 years the organisation has transformed itself from a traditional national governing body to an increasingly commercially self-sufficient sports business.
Success on the court, including the Vitality Roses winning Gold at the 2018 Commonwealth Games and Bronze at the 2019 Netball World Cup, coupled with success off the court in being awarded Sports Organisation of the Year at the BT Sport Industry Awards, has propelled the sport even more into the limelight and provided a perfect platform to build from. With the departure of the incumbent Chief Executive Officer looming,
they are looking for someone who can build on their successes and continue to keep Netball at the forefront of Women’s sport; a leader that lives and breathes their cultural values. They are all about being passionate, empowering and pioneering. A full candidate briefing pack outlining the full role and key accountabilities can be provided to any interested candidates however, in summary, the Chief Executive Officer is responsible to the Board of Directors for the effective planning, performance, direction and leadership of England Netball. The successful candidate will lead, plan, and manage the development and implementation of England Netball's 10 year strategic plan, Your Game Your Way. In addition, they will sustain and grow an annual turnover of £10m through the sustainable commercial growth and Sport England NGB Investment, reducing the reliance on grant funding. As an inspirational leader you will manage and develop the Executive Team to ensure that they continue to improve organisational performance and deliver the vision, mission and values of the organisation. You will act as a positive role model, spokesperson, ambassador and advocate for the sport and the NGB, ensuring the integrity and protection of the organisation and its values, its brand image, policies and strategies, whilst nurturing and developing positive relationships that will promote and support the strategic development of England Netball. On a broader front, you will maintain and develop an effective business planning system, which ensures that the financial, staffing and other resources are deployed appropriately and that services to members and participants meet strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will have:
• Substantial and proven success as a senior leader in a customer and commercially focussed organisation
• A strong track record of creating and delivering a strategic vision and leading both employees and key stakeholders to deliver challenging performance targets
• The ability to prepare budgets, delivering agreed programmes whilst managing against expenditure
• A proven track record in management and leadership within an SME business
• Experience of working at Executive/Board level within either the public or private sector or Non-Executive Director/Trustee/Board of School Governors • Possess extensive knowledge of operating within a high performing environment
• Experience of understanding and interpreting financial information
• Strong partnership working abilities, specifically in negotiation and influencing within a complex working environment
• Highly developed strategic planning, problem solving and decision-making skills • Demonstrated success as an executive leader within a sports development environment
• Experience of dealing with the media and the presentation of information to external and internal audiences
The Executives In Sport Group are working exclusively on behalf of England Netball to recruit their Chief Executive Officer. For a confidential chat about this opportunity please make contact with Dan Reeves, Associate Director, on 020 36 574 574 or email email@example.com. To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Letter of application highlighting relevant experience and motivation for applying
• Curriculum Vitae • Details of current remuneration and notice period
• Contact details for two referees (please note these will not be contacted without your permission) Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 72 hours of application and due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide specific feedback on unsuccessful applications.