Here at the Ramblers we’re passionate about helping everyone, everywhere, find their feet and protecting the spaces we all love to walk. We are the only charity dedicated to looking after paths and green spaces, leading walks, opening up new places to explore and encouraging everyone to get outside and discover how walking boosts your health and your happiness.
The Ramblers is Britain's largest walking charity, with 105,000 members in England, Scotland and Wales and a proud campaigning history.
But we cannot afford to stand still. If we are to remain relevant in a changing landscape, we need to evolve and connect with more of the UK’s 9 million walkers.
Right now we are facing a perfect storm: a climate emergency; an inactivity crisis; growing levels of poor mental health and social isolation. There is a huge opportunity for the Ramblers brand to step up and provide positive solutions to some of society’s biggest problems.
This is an exciting and interesting brand challenge, at a time of change, to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
The future job holder will have the opportunity to review and redefine all aspects of the brand to best position Ramblers for a key role in the 21st century and on into the future.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be our new Head of Brand, we’d love to hear from you.
Essential Requirements include:
• Senior and extensive brand expertise.
• Experience leading on the review and relaunch of a brand.
• A strong track record of developing and implementing organisational brand strategies.
• Experience developing and implementing brand guidelines and materials to assist colleagues across multiple teams.
• Experience working collaboratively across teams in the creation, testing, evaluation and roll-out of a coordinated programme of impactful communications and campaigns.
• Excellent understanding of digital marketing channels and techniques.
• Experience of implementing an integrated supporter engagement strategy which translates engagement into positive action.
• Comfortable managing multiple budgets and participating in forecasting and budget setting processes and reviews.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience leading or briefing a media and PR team.
• Ability to identify creative and innovative solutions as well as practical approaches to organisational issues.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
The role profile (job description and person specification) can be found here: Job Pack Head of Brand
Application is by CV and covering letter.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer, the equal opps form can be found here – Equal Opps Monitoring Form