Safeguarding and Protection Committee Chairs
Salary: A yearly fee is payable to the Chair for performing their role
Location: National Tennis Centre, Roehampton
The LTA’s vision is Tennis Opened Up with the mission to make tennis more relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable. In order to achieve this, it must ensure it is a safe and inclusive sport. We are seeking a number of legally qualified Chairs for the Safeguarding and Protection Committee (SPC), starting in January 2020 for an initial period of 3 years. Members of the SPC will be selected to sit on cases on an ad hoc basis. The SPC takes decisions on safeguarding cases within Tennis in Britain, ensuring a proportionate response to allegations of a safeguarding nature.
The successful applicants will be legally qualified, with knowledge of the sporting landscape in order to be able to offer advice and guidance in this area. To ensure the Committee is effective, the Chair will need to be an excellent communicator, coach and leader, with experience of chairing or sitting on safeguarding panels, tribunals or case management groups.
- Chair SPC proceedings, which often involve the attendance of the person under investigation, in a fair and impartial manner.
- Prepare clear written judgements once hearings are complete.
- Make reasoned and justifiable decisions in safeguarding cases.
- Between the Chairs provide an annual report on the activity of the Committee.
- As part of a team, impart knowledge to enable the committee to make an accurate assessment of risk.
- Work with the other Chairs to share best practice and learning from cases.
- Contribute to the development of safeguarding practice within Tennis and keep abreast of best practice in safeguarding in sport.
- Prepare thoroughly by reading and assimilating papers and reports.
- Ensure support for vulnerable witnesses and those accused of unsafe practice.
- Understand the impact abusive or discriminatory behaviour can have on children, young people and adults at risk.
More information regarding the requirements of the position and details of the appointments are contained on the full job description, which is available by clicking the link below.
Process and Timescales
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further assistance or have any questions about the role, please contact us at email@example.com and a member of our People Team will answer your query as soon as possible.
Please ensure that you submit both a CV and covering letter when applying by the 29 September 2019.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place in week commencing 28 October 2019.