Volunteering Resources Officer
Location: London, Vauxhall
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
With hundreds of support resources for volunteers, it’s not always been easy to keep on top of things. As we bring in our new volunteer website though, we want to make sure that all of these are accurate, up-to-date and accessible.
Making complex or dry information interesting and engaging is quite a skill. Above all, we’re looking for plain English. Yes, there will be technical terms but when you’re volunteering you don’t want to plough through a load of business-speak.
So whether working with staff or volunteers, checking out facts or formatting information to be attractive on the page, you’ll need have an outstanding standard of written English.
This role is part of the Operations & Volunteering Directorate.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity. Essential Requirements include:
• Excellent standard of written English
• Ability to present complex information in a concise and accessible way
• Ability to read and understand documents on unfamiliar subjects, determining the key messages
• Good organisational skills and able to take a methodical approach to work
• Detailed knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Experience of dealing with competing priorities within a tight schedule
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
How to apply
The job profile and person specification can be found here: Job Pack – Volunteering Resources Officer
Completed forms or applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org