Membership Acquisition Officer
Salary: between £32,000 and £38,500 per year, depending on experience
Location: London (Vauxhall)
Here at the Ramblers we’re passionate about helping everyone everywhere find their feet, connecting people and protecting the spaces we all love to walk. Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking!
The Ramblers is undergoing an exciting time of transformational change - and the new Membership and Fundraising team is at the centre of the action! At the heart of the Ramblers lies our wonderful community of over 100,000 members, enabling us to fulfil our mission across the length and breadth of Great Britain. We have an incredibly loyal base of members, but we cannot afford to stand still. If we are to thrive, grow and remain relevant in a changing landscape, we need to evolve and connect with more of the UK’s 9 million walkers. Are you up for the challenge?!
We are looking for an ambitious Membership Acquisition Officer. This role is based within the new Membership and Fundraising team, reporting to the Head of Membership.
You will lead the delivery and development of a membership marketing programme, reaching out to more of Britain’s walkers via a mix of channels including press, digital and telemarketing. This is a really exciting opportunity to make your mark, and help the Ramblers grow our reach and relevance.
You’ll be leading the development of a strong coalition of membership advocates across our volunteer and staff team, sharing best practice, insights, tools and resources, to influence sales and the welcome that new members receive locally, nationally and across GB – to help more people discover the joy of walking.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be our new Membership Acquisition Officer, we’d love to hear from you.
Essential Requirements include:
• A proven track record (more than 3 years’ experience) in recruiting new supporters or members to a charity.
• Development and ongoing evolution of a recruitment proposition (eg regular giving product or membership product), to attract new audiences; understanding the mix of benefits vs cause led asks to drive growth
• A team player, able to develop collaborative, strong and effective working relationships
• Ability to negotiate and influence effectively, with strong written and verbal communication skills, to influence a range of audiences and stakeholders including external partners and suppliers.
• Proven experience in analysing complex data, to inform strategic decisions.
• Digitally savvy, with knowledge and experience in recruiting new supporters through digital acquisition.
• Experience in navigating and complying with the regulatory landscape for the third sector.
• Innovative and solutions-focussed with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Experience in budgeting, reforecasting and reporting on performance.
• Experience in working with volunteers.
• Interest in walking and/or being an advocate for the outdoors and natural environment.
• Experience of a wide-range of acquisition marketing methods including OOH, press, dialogue, and direct mail.
• Experience in developing multi-channel supporter journeys for new recruits.
• Experience in influencing volunteers/champions to deliver face-to-face recruitment.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
The role profile (job description and person specification) can be found here: Job Pack – Membership Acquisition Officer
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer, the equal opps form can be found here – Equal Opps Monitoring Form
How to apply
Application is by CV and covering letter.
Completed forms or applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 22 April (Midnight)
Interviews will take place on 9-10 May