An opportunity to lead a dynamic Board and drive a strategy for inclusive physical activity (including sport) in Wales
The Federation of Disability Sport Wales (DSW) is Company limited by guarantee, registered with charitable status and the lead agency for disability sport and physical activity (including sport) for disabled people in Wales. The organisation is responsible for grass roots engagement through to supporting the most talented athletes in Wales into elite performance. There is also a strong emphasis on education and training, and a commitment to supporting and equipping the whole sector to establish “An Active Nation where EVERYONE can have a lifelong enjoyment of sport”.
In 2017-2018 DSW continued to build on its successes by:
- enhancing participation opportunities at Community level to 1.75 million,
- establishing Performance Pathway Hubs which provide development opportunities for disabled young people and adults to build their potential,
- supporting 21 Welsh Para Athletes contribute 19% of the medals to the incredibly successful Team Wales medal tally at the Commonwealth Games, Gold Coast 2018
- celebrating the achievements of Deaf, Special Olympic, Paralympic, INAS, Visually Impaired and Invictus athletes in their achievements at events around the world, and
- delivering 47 disability inclusion training workshops, and working with 1,800 children with mini-DIT
DSW are keen to receive expressions of interest from people who have evidence of:
- success (within or outside of the Sport Sector) in a Charity, Education, Military, Corporate or Professional Services environment
- leadership in a change environment
- the ability to act with professionalism and probity, and with a strong philosophy of equity, inclusion and diversity
and experience of Fundraising and Events and/or Human Resources and Employment would be beneficial
In the light of a new Sector Vision for Sport and the start of conversations regarding DSW Strategy Review this is an exciting and dynamic time for (disability) sport in Wales. If you are interested in being a driving force within the inclusive transformational change taking place in Wales, please download the full recruitment pack from https://www.acornpeople.com/
Please email your CV and a statement outlining your suitability for the role of Chair by the 14 January 2019 to:
Closing date for making an expression of interest is Monday 14 January 2019.
Interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 11 February 2019.
The Federation of Disability Sport Wales is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident Employer. We welcome all applications and operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for disabled people. If you would like to receive this information in an alternative accessible format, please contact email@example.com.