Governance and Events Administrator
Salary: £23,000 pro-rata depending on experience
Locatrion: Edinburgh, Scotland
Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-orientated and skilled Governance and Events Administrator, based at the friendly Ramblers Scotland office in Edinburgh.
This role supports our volunteer-based Scottish Executive Committee who are responsible for the governance of Ramblers Scotland’s activities. The role also provides events management support to the wider Rambler Scotland team, as well as managing the organisation and running of the Ramblers Scotland office. In addition, the role will focus support the organisation of our annual event for members, Scottish Council, and the constitutional processes that are key to this event. This role is part of the Ramblers Scotland Team.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
Essential Requirements include:
- Demonstrable experience of organising and managing senior-level meetings, ensuring that paperwork, minutes and logistics are handled efficiently and with a keen attention to detail
- Efficiently organise the constitutional aspects of the Scottish Council, ensuring that all aspects of the event runs smoothly in collaboration with other team members
- Engage in the wider planning around Scottish Council, ensuring that the event is well run and that members leave feeling inspired and engaged.
- Work effectively with the Scottish Council Executive Committee, supporting them to continuously strengthen their governance practices
- Facilitate the smooth running of the Ramblers Scotland office, responding to queries and day-to-day issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate that you understand and support the Ramblers’ core values.
The role profile (job description and person specification) can be found here: Job Pack – Governance & Events Administrator
Application is by CV and covering letter with the Equal Opps Monitoring form. The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer, the equal opps form can be found here – Equal Opps Monitoring Form
How to apply
Completed applications and forms should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 13 January 2019
Interviews will take place on 24 January 2019