Salary: Circa £45,000 - £55,000
The LTA’s vision is “Tennis Opened Up” via making tennis Relevant, Accessible, Welcoming and Enjoyable. The Marketing and Commercial Team is responsible for creating and delivering the LTA’s marketing strategy to help deliver against this mission, in addition to managing commercial relationships with existing and future partnerships.
The Marketing and Commercial team’s role is:
- to generate and interpret all insight required by the business to deliver against its strategy and to monitor performance against that strategy
- to own and manage the LTA/British Tennis brand
- to create, manage and deliver compelling content through all communication platforms
- to drive attendance at our National and Major Events
- to grow awareness of LTA activity through consumer channels
- to grow a satisfied, active and engaged membership and fan base
- to own and develop the LTA website
The PR Manager supports the Head of Marketing and Digital, and from time to time the Head of Strategy and Innovation, to develop media stories as part of the Marketing and Communications mix helping deliver VMOST strategies and tactics that deliver our fan and participation objectives.
- Create and develop the annual PR programme to support the Marketing plan.
- Create PR programmes to drive awareness of, and participation in, LTA priority programmes to support fan, participation and major event objectives. This includes developing working relationships with influential celebrities in direct support of our fan engagement strategies.
- Develop activity to drive awareness of our Major Events amongst the tennis fan base, to raise awareness and increase likelihood to attend an event. This activity will be measured in line with objectives for each of our LTA major events (Fever-Tree Championships, Nature Valley International, Nature Valley Open and Nature Valley Classic) as well as ITF events that the LTA supports, including Fed Cup and Davis Cup.
- Create engaging stories about players and tournaments, at international tour and domestic levels, which drive fan engagement and increase year-round visibility of, and engagement with, tennis. This will include generating profile in relevant publications that showcases and increases understanding of particular LTA products in support of conversion KPIs.
- Manage agency partners to deliver an optimum, cost effective service.
- Manage the PR budget.
- Build strong relationships with key commercial partners to deliver joint PR programmes supporting mutual objectives.
- Build strong relationships with key consumer media (at national and local level) to help deliver LTA consumer messages.
- Report on the success and learning from all PR campaigns and share this learning with the broader marketing, digital and PR teams.
- Work closely with the Communications team in order to maximise pro-active external media opportunities.
- Work cross functionally to ensure a joined-up and pro-active approach to achieving business objectives.
- Line management of a PR Officer, providing support and guidance to ensure delivery of business objectives, and share own PR knowledge and expertise to provide professional support and development.
How to apply
For more information, please click here.
Closing date for applications is 16 December 2018