Commercial and Marketing Executive
Hours of work: Full Time (you will be expected to work some evenings, weekends and bank holidays as events dictate).
Location: Glamorgan County Cricket Club, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, CF11 9XR.
Sophia Gardens is the home of Glamorgan County Cricket Club and we are recruiting to fulfil the role of a Commercial and Marketing Executive.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager you will be expected to become an integral part of the Marketing and Commercial function with the aim to support the Glamorgan CCC vision of ‘Making Wales Proud’.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- To implement sales and marketing strategies which complements and supports the successful delivery of the Glamorgan CCC commercial strategy.
- The Communications and Marketing Executive will, on the basis of the agreed strategy, be responsible in part for the delivery of the Annual Marketing & Communications Plan.
- To deliver the necessary results in line with the business plan, annual budgets, targets and profitability targets.
- To work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to ensure each area of the business operates to the highest standards and delivers the necessary results in line with the business plan, annual budgets, and profitability targets.
- Support of Club’s and venue’s digital content including social, website and emails.
- Preserve the status of Sophia Gardens as a welcoming venue for supporters and media professionals.
- Support the commercial, events and operations teams in delivering cricket and non-cricket events at Sophia Gardens.
- To protect and promote the interests of Glamorgan CCC through building strong relationships with local and national media and broadcasters, and creating informative, engaging and interactive social media platforms.
- Actively contribute to the objectives and projects of the Marketing & Communications function and support the Marketing Manager.
- To support the account management and sponsorship activation of key Glamorgan CCC partners, ensuring fulfilment of their commercial rights packages.
- Build relationships with the Glamorgan team and management, earning their trust and buy-in to help deliver exclusive content.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level and evidence of further study and/or additional qualifications in marketing and/or communications within a commercial environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience of marketing and communications with a brand or brands of reputable standing.
- A proven knowledge and understanding of media, including social media.
- A track record of proven delivery, demonstrating both creative and analytical skills.
- Account Management experience and understanding of sponsorship.
- An ability to manage projects with two or more stakeholders using a collaborative and professional approach and to operate well under pressure.
- A strong knowledge of cricket.
- A self-starter but comfortable working towards department objectives.
- Strong account management skills.
Applicants ideally must live within daily travelling distance of Cardiff and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this Commercial and Marketing Executive position, please email your CV to Matthew Thomas, HR Manager to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy will close once the successful candidate has accepted the role.