Archery GB is the National Governing Body for Archery, based within the beautiful rural setting of Lilleshall National Sports Centre. We are inviting applications for the position of Independent Chair of our Performance Advisory Group.
This position will work closely with Archery GB to coordinate this group which will advise on the development and delivery of Performance Archery.
The main responsibilities of the group are to:
- Provide strategic oversight of the Performance Archery programme.
- Ensure alignment within Performance Archery (Olympic/Paralympic/Pathway) and with AGB vision, strategy and ambitions.
- Broaden the perspective of the Performance team through sharing of ideas, identification of best practice and development of external connections.
- Track progress of athletes against medal zones and individual performance plans.
- Review and reflect on policies and practices to ensure alignment with programme vision.
In addition, the Chair duties will include chairing group meetings, setting agendas and calling meetings in conjunction with the AGB Performance Director and reporting the Groups activity to the Board.
Applicants should have a good understanding of performance sport with experience of leading within an elite/WCP performance environment. They will bring knowledge of modern performance coaching ad experience of working with interdisciplinary performance support teams.
The successful applicant will have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and will demonstrate professionalism and integrity in all their interactions.
For more information on the role including the full job description select the apply now option located on this page.
The deadline for receipt of applications is midnight on Friday 4 February 2022.