Salary: Circa £19,606 - £23,000 per annum depending on experience plus benefits
Location: England Golf Headquarters, The National Golf Centre, The Broadway, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, LN10 6PU
We are the national governing body for amateur golf. We work at the heart of golf in England, supporting and empowering a thriving community of players, counties and clubs to get the most out of the game we love. We value being honest, inclusive, responsible, excellent and supportive.
We run over 50 various championship events each year and are looking for someone to join our team to organise and deliver our club handicap events. This is a new role working to deliver high quality handicap events and supporting our rules of golf education programme. You will represent England Golf when attending events and will need to be able to work with professionals and volunteers. Experience running golf tournaments and a good knowledge of the rules of golf are essential.
The post is full-time (Monday – Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm core hours) however, you will be required to travel and work weekends/evenings as well as during school holidays. The role will also require regular levels of physical activity.
Skills and attributes required
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
· A broad experience of golf and golf administration
· Be able to deal with the public in a variety of situations
· Have prior experience running golf tournaments and working in an administration or office environment
· Able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and provide excellent customer service
· Prior experience of managing and answering rules of golf enquiries
· Be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and volunteers
The successful applicant needs to be self-motivated with a ‘can do’, results driven approach. A knowledge of the game of golf is essential for the role.
How to apply
For further information please download the full role description from our website.
To apply please complete and return the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form (no CVs please) and email for the attention of HR.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 3 October 2017 at 11:00am
Interviews take place W/C 16 October 2017 at Woodhall Spa
England Golf is an equal opportunities employer.