Independent Non-Executive Director
Location: Home Based (Board Meetings London)
About Taekwondo Organisation Limited (TOL)
Taekwondo Organisation Limited (TOL) is the ‘umbrella’ body for taekwondo in England. It presents a unified point of reference for taekwondo to the public, and functions as the overarching board of its constituent members, namely; the British Taekwondo Council (BTC), the International Taekwondo Federation (ITF), British Taekwondo (BT) and GB Taekwondo (GBT).
TOL is looking to recruit an independent Non-Executive Director to replace an existing NED and to maintain its overall board complement. The successful applicant will possess the executive skills that the board requires for its day-to-day operations. He/she will bring a strategic, objective and balanced view to the role whilst recognising the interests of constituent partners.
Independent directors use their specific skills, knowledge and experience to help the board reach sound decisions. This involves scrutinising board papers, leading discussions on which they have particular expertise, focusing on key issues and providing advice and guidance on new initiatives or issues where the board needs independent expertise. Key responsibilities include;
• Ensuring that the highest level of financial and corporate governance are maintained and that TOL complies with its rules, constitution and all other relevant legislation and regulations.
• Contributing actively to the role of the board in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, and in setting overall policy, defining goals and targets and evaluating performance against these targets.
• Helping safeguard the values of Taekwondo.
The key competencies required:
• High level of Integrity/Probity
• Strong business background
• Ability to challenge in an appropriate manner
• Ability to think and act strategically
• Ability to demonstrate executive leadership
TOL positively welcomes and seeks to ensure that we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants receive equal and fair treatment. We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join TOL please send the following information to Miss Kelly Lickley at email@example.com
• A letter of application outlining how you meet the person specification
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae, detailing relevant experience for the role
• Names and contact details of two referees (referees will not be contacted until final interview stage)
The deadline for submission is 12:00hrs on Thursday 31 August and interviews will take place in London