Salary: Volunteer role with expenses as required
Location: London/Birmingham for attendance at Board meeting and AGM
An exciting opportunity exists to become a key Board member at this growing National Governing Body for archery in the UK. With 45,000 members, an extensive national competition calendar, over 1000 clubs and a loyal, strong volunteer base, Archery GB facilitates medal willing performances globally at all levels; youth, senior able bodied and disabled.
Archery GB is now seeking an additional independent director to join a Board of elected (archery member) directors, independent directors and CEO, led by an independent chair. Archery GB has a diversity policy in compliance with the government’s Code for Sports Governance, and particularly encourages applications from the BAME community for this position.
· Ensure that the current strategic plan is fit for purpose and set the strategic goals.
· Provide entrepreneurial leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls. Act as a “critical friend” providing mentorship, support and consultancy to internal stakeholders, and challenge thinking as and when appropriate.
· Drive values and standards and ensure that obligations to all stakeholders are understood and met.
· Provide insight into the BAME community and help shape Archery GB’s offerings
· Experience of operating at Board or equivalent level. This might be within a corporate business, membership, not-for-profit or sporting environment.
· An ability to work strategically and make evidence based decisions through analysis and financial acumen
· Practiced in change management, creating buy in and trust from a broad base of stakeholders
· A strong understanding of sporting organisations or other organisations where volunteers play a key role
· An inclusive Leadership style with strong consultative and stakeholder engagement skills
How to apply
Send covering email and CV to email@example.com by Friday 1 September
Interviews to take place on Tuesday 12 September (afternoon) at UKSport, central London