2018/19 Events Programme
Annual Conference – 25 September 2018
Our Annual Conference is a new event for 2018 and this one-day event will provide you with the opportunity to engage with fellow members on a variety of policy issues, ask questions of the Board of Directors, celebrate the successes of the previous year and learn about our future plans. The day will consist of:
- A Members’ Forum – giving you the chance to ask questions of the Alliance
- Discussion Groups – where you can be part of the conversation on some of the current policy issues impacting the sector and the challenges and opportunities your organisation is facing;
- Annual General Meeting – chaired by our President, HRH The Earl of Wessex;
- Autumn Divisional Meetings – your chance to speak with members from your division and focus on issues relevant to likeminded organisations.
This free, one-day event will take place in London. More details will be available soon.
Fit for the Future Convention – January 2019
The convention will provide leaders in the sector with a chance to focus on their leadership skills and style so they can lead their organisation through the challenges facing them.
The event will be run over two days with networking opportunities over dinner and a full day’s content during the convention. After attending the convention, you will have improved knowledge on how you can make your organisation fit for the future and ready to make the most of the opportunities facing you.
This two-day event will take place outside of London. More details will be available soon.
Our 2018 convention was a huge success with over 150 delegates from across the sector attending the event in Loughborough
“It was a great experience. Very inspiring and a great way to network. Everyone was very approachable and friendly, which was really nice as it was my first convention. The staff and organisers do a brilliant job.”
“Very good selection of speakers and topics. Well done for making it relevant and very topical”
Governance Training Programme – All year
This programme will run across the whole year and will include a series of workshops and webinars which will focus on how you can improve governance practices within your organisation. The programme will draw upon The Principles of Good Governance for Sport and Recreation and will include:
- Workshop: Board behaviours/culture and dealing with disagreement in the boardroom, 14 September
- Workshop: Director Training, 5 October, 12 March 2019
- Workshop: Board Effectiveness, 22 November
- Webinar: Evaluating your board, 5 December
- Workshop: Building future leaders: recruitment practices and succession planning, 29 January 2019
The GTP will take place in various locations across England and we will continue to add more training opportunities in the areas which you have identified as important to you and your organisation.
Members can access workshops at a significantly reduced rates and webinars are free. Full details of all the training opportunities are available here.
Have a question about an upcoming event? Then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org