Purpose of the Role
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of Boccia England. The Treasurer will fulfil all the duties, obligations, and responsibilities of a Trustee to set and monitor the strategic direction of the charity and to ensure that it is properly managed and complies with legislation. In addition, they ensure that effective financial measures, controls, and procedures are put in place in conjunction with the CEO and Board of Directors.
A minimum of 8 meetings per year: Inclusive of Quarterly Board & Sub Committee meetings, predominantly held virtually.
Board / Trustee Responsibilities
• Set and monitor the strategic direction of Boccia England.
• Ensure that strategies are aligned with the organisational values and mission.
• Ensure the organisation is properly managed and complies with all relevant law.
• Ensure the organisation has the resources, policies, and structures necessary to be effective.
• Ensure the organisation maintains the highest standards of corporate governance.
• Approve all major decisions and policies and the annual accounts.
• Ensure that appropriate protection, systems, and checks remain in place to mitigate exposure of the organisation to major risks.
• Set the way Boccia England is governed and monitor, guide and authorise the work of its subcommittees. Treasurer Responsibilities
• Inform Board about its financial duties and responsibilities and to assist in developing their financial skills and understanding.
• Guide and advise Board on budgets, accounts, and financial statements.
• Advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic plans and key assumptions in the operational plan and budget.
• Ensure the development of appropriate financial policies and measures.
• Ensure the adequacy of internal financial controls and to monitor its implementation and effectiveness.
• Ensure the organisation’s compliance with relevant financial and Charity Commission regulations.
• Ensure that accounts are prepared and disclosed in accordance with the requirements of statutory bodies and funders, reviewed or audited as required, and that any audit recommendations are implemented.
• Ensure the charity holds sufficient insurance cover.
• Be an authorised banking signatory Governance Sub-Committee
• Support and guide the CEO on matters relating to business management, policy, investment, income, and expenditure.
• Formulates strategies and policies prior to them being submitted to the Board. General Requirements
• Be committed to the development of Boccia England
• Act as a powerful advocate of Boccia England and protect its interests.
• Effective and timely communications with the Board, Sub-Committees, and staff.
How to apply
If you would like to discuss the role before applying please contact Emma Holmes, Head of Operations on 07921306250.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and an overview of how you meet the required skills via email to email@example.com.