CIMSPA is the professional development body for the UK’s sport and physical activity sector, committed to supporting, developing and enabling professionals and organisations to succeed and, as a result, inspire our nation to become more active. Together we’re developing a vibrant, UK-wide sport and physical activity sector, with the highest standards of service delivery.
About the Role
This sessional role looks to support the delivery of CIMSPA’s quality assurance strategy with our Education Partners (Higher Education Partners, Awarding Organisation Partners, Training Provider Partners and Further Education Partners).
By working alongside the Education team, you will conduct quality assurance activity and provide recommendations and actions for improvement. You will have a great eye for detail, give clear and concise feedback in a constructive manner, and be able to work to the timeframes given.
- Undertake desk-based reviews of partners' day to day information against the applicable boundaries and framework.
- Conduct site visits (if applicable) to partners to establish quality of product delivery.
- Provide an accurate outcome based on the activity undertaken in line with boundaries and framework.
- Complete standardisation activities with the team on an annual basis.
- Maintain accurate and up to date feedback records and information including contact, progress and achievement as required by CIMSPA and in line with the Service Level Agreement.
- Continually improve the process to shape a recognised and respected sector.
- Provide feedback to education partners on the quality assurance decisions.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
• Experience of working with quality assurance systems and processes.
• Experience of working within the sport and physical activity sector.
• Experience of working with Further Education/Higher Education or Awarding Organisations.
• Experience and qualifications in assessing the quality assurance of education products.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Excellent intrapersonal skills.
• Have strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Be aware of the sport and physical activity landscape.
• Have an understanding of education partners operating within the sport and physical activity sector.
• Have an understanding of and be able to apply the assessment and quality assurance principles, methods and processes.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
• Experience of working within Higher Education Institutions.
• Experience of working within Awarding Organisations.
• Experience and qualifications in Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong and/or Strength and Conditioning.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 16th February 2024.
We will sift through all applicants within a week of the closing date and will be in touch regardless of the outcome. If successful, an interview will be held via Microsoft Teams on Friday 23rd February 2024.