About The Role
The East Midland Region are seeking an enthusiastic Sport Development & Events Coordinator to join the team on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Region as part of a busy team.
The role will work closely with the aquatic sports (disciplines) to support the development of these and the delivery of high quality, sustainable events and activities within the Region. The role includes an opportunity to engage with growth, development and education programmes for clubs, athletes and the aquatics workforce. We are seeking a friendly, passionate individual with a positive outlook and great attention to detail to support the region in its delivery of aquatic sport.
Some of this role's responsibilities will fall outside of the usual core working hours, with an expectation of a minimum of one evening per week alongside occasional weekends.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinate and support the delivery of Regional development activity for all aquatic sports
- Coordinate and support budgets and plans alongside the relevant sport groups
- Coordinate the delivery of high quality Regional events and competitions to specific technical specifications and requirements in line with budget and timelines.
- Support the relevant sport and event groups in delivery of Regional activity including attending events during evenings and weekend.
- Act as the main point of contact for the varying client groups and stakeholders ranging from competitors, spectators, event groups and workforce, volunteers, officials, contractors and suppliers.
In order to be shortlisted for the next stage in the process you must demonstrate within your application how you meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Sport Development and event delivery
- Understanding of the sport and leisure sector and the landscape
- Experience of working with volunteers and clubs
- Computer literate
- Excellent accuracy in numeracy and literacy
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied work programme in order to meet time specific deadlines
- Understanding of aquatics
- Previous use of SportSystems
- Experience of managing projects, including accessing external funding and achieving targets/results
- Experience of working with other partners such as Active Partnerships, Local Authorities, Leisure Operators.
- A level or equivalent qualification
So if you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you. Please contact email@example.com for an informal conversation regarding the role.
Interviews will be held in person during the week commencing 4th March.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work in the UK to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment. You must also be working within the UK to apply or be considered for this role, due to the public liability insurance Swim England holds.
Swim England is committed to inclusion and embracing the spirit of all equalities legislation. As a Disability Confident Employer, we actively encourage applications from disabled people. We recognise that the diversity of our workforce is not reflective of today’s society and we are currently operating a pilot scheme whereby applicants from ethnically diverse backgrounds can opt into our guaranteed interview scheme. Candidates that have opted into the scheme will be guaranteed an interview provided that they have demonstrated, within their application, that they meet the essential criteria for the role. When completing the application, applicants from ethnically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to ‘Opt In’ to the scheme, by ticking the box.
Where possible, Swim England will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it. If you would like any of the documentation in a different format or would like to apply in a different way please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. All appointments will be made on merit, following a fair and transparent process, in line with the Equality Act 2010. However, the organisation may employ positive action where candidates from underrepresented groups can demonstrate their ability to perform the role equally well.
Swim England is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.