About The Role
The East Midland Region are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced administrator to join the team on a permanent basis, working 21 hours a week. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Region as part of a busy team. The key purpose of the role is to provide effective and efficient administrative functions to the Region, in delivery of all Regional activity and member support.
Your role will be working with clubs across the region, coordinating programmes and delivering first class administrative support and customer service to key stakeholders. We are seeking a friendly, passionate individual with a positive outlook and great attention to detail to support the region in its delivery of aquatic sport.
There will be some occasions where you will need to support events and attend meetings outside of the usual core working hours.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Management Board, specified groups and the wider regional team
- Provide basic financial administration and upkeep, supporting the Regional Finance Director and wider regional team
- Develop and create regional communications such as newsletters
- Provide administrative support for Regional events and programmes across all sports
- Administrate and support an annual calendar of regional workshops and education
- Maintain and update regional databases as required
In order to be shortlisted for the next stage in the process you must demonstrate within your application how you meet the following criteria:
- An administration qualification or relevant administration experience
- A high level of computer literacy
- Excellent accuracy in numeracy and literacy
- Experience of planning, prioritising and managing a varied work programme in order to meet time specific deadlines
- Proven ability to act on own initiative and to work as part of a team, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A track record of identifying and anticipating the needs of stakeholders, acting in a professional manner to ensure a positive image of the region is portrayed.
- Basic finance experience
- Knowledge of sports development, and specifically club development
- Knowledge of aquatics/sports industry
- Basic experience of administration tasks like minute taking and meeting management
- Experience of working with volunteers
- An ability to adopt a flexible approach to work, to meet the demands of the role
So if you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you. Please contact email@example.com for an informal conversation regarding the role. We are flexible on how the 21hrs is spread across the week and can be spread over more than 3 days.
Interviews will be held in person during the week commencing 4th March.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work in the UK to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment. You must also be working within the UK to apply or be considered for this role, due to the public liability insurance Swim England holds.
Swim England is committed to inclusion and embracing the spirit of all equalities legislation. As a Disability Confident Employer, we actively encourage applications from disabled people. We recognise that the diversity of our workforce is not reflective of today’s society and we are currently operating a pilot scheme whereby applicants from ethnically diverse backgrounds can opt into our guaranteed interview scheme. Candidates that have opted into the scheme will be guaranteed an interview provided that they have demonstrated, within their application, that they meet the essential criteria for the role. When completing the application, applicants from ethnically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to ‘Opt In’ to the scheme, by ticking the box.
Where possible, Swim England will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it. If you would like any of the documentation in a different format or would like to apply in a different way please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. All appointments will be made on merit, following a fair and transparent process, in line with the Equality Act 2010. However, the organisation may employ positive action where candidates from underrepresented groups can demonstrate their ability to perform the role equally well.
Swim England is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.