Can you help young athletes beat their personal best?
Then come and join a small team of doers, who have banned red tape, silos, politics and “computer says
no” scenarios to work for a really uplifting cause. At SportsAid we exist to encourage, enable and empower
the next generation of athletes to achieve their ambitions in sport and life. For decades, we have been side
by side with Britain’s greatest emerging sporting talent, from Mo Farah to Jessica Ennis-Hill to Ade
Adepitan, Paula Radcliffe and so many others to give them vital support before they became Olympian and
About the role
We are looking to appoint our new Corporate Partnerships Manager to work with some of our most
successful partners, like Royal Bank of Canada. You will implement SportsAid’s fundraising strategy and
deliver income, impact and memorable experiences for athletes, parents and corporate partners.
You will play a crucial role in helping drive the sustainability, value and breadth of our partnerships by
implementing and contributing to the corporate partnerships’ strategy and income target.
Specifically you will be responsible for all corporate partnerships activities within your accounts including:
• Develop and implement thorough account plans for the partnerships to enable the achievement of
mutually beneficial objectives
• Develop and deliver high quality proposals and pitches in order to secure growth opportunities
within existing accounts and renewals
• Continually monitor and evaluate each partnership to ensure income targets and objectives are
being met in line with agreed expectations
• Work closely with internal colleagues to report back on how our partners’ support has made a
• Manage the income and expenditure budgets, ensuring that they are always up to date and that
variances are flagged and monitored in good time
• Ensure that partnerships contracts are in place and ensure they are complied with
Does this sound like you?
• You have substantial corporate account management experience in the charity sector in staff
engagement, commercial and strategic partnerships
• You are an expert in account development strategies
• You have deep knowledge of corporate partnerships mechanisms and giving trends
• You love relationship fundraising
• You are a confident, effective communicator
• You have excellent organisational skills and you are comfortable managing several different
projects and activities in parallel
• You are enthusiastic and love working in a small team in a fast-paced but flexible environment
The salary is in the range of £35,000 to £45,000 p.a. and opportunities for flexible working are available. A
full job description is available here.
Want to find out more?
Serena Castiglione, the Head of Fundraising, would be more than happy to have an informal chat to help
you decide if this is for you. Feel free to email her to arrange a good time to do it: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meanwhile, enjoy a couple of videos to get a sense of what we are about:
SportsAid recognises that certain sections of the community have been affected by structural inequities and
may be denied the opportunity to participate equally and fully in sport at all levels. SportsAid as an
organisation believes our role is to remove the barriers that our most under-served, at risk and minoritised
groups of young people experience when trying to access sport and physical activities.
SportsAid therefore positively welcomes, and seeks to achieve, diversity in our workforce and that all job
applicants, volunteers and employees receive equal and fair treatment.
We positively encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, disability, marriage and civil partnership status, gender identity, background, religion, faith, sexual orientation, maternity status,
pregnancy, belief or nationality.
Please apply by emailing email@example.com with your CV and one page outlining:
1. An example of negotiating to grow an account: What worked? What didn’t work?
2. Your thoughts on what you consider the most difficult aspect of account management
3. Some reflections on your account management experience: If you could change something you did
in your early years of managing accounts, what would that be?
On receipt of your application you will be sent a confidential equal opportunities form which all
applicants will be asked to complete.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.