MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
Working with the British Cycling Training Science Lead, Senior Physiologists and EIS Physiology Technical Lead you will:
- Independently deliver laboratory and field-based physiology testing alongside athlete monitoring to assess targeted areas of athlete development.
- Provide Senior Physiologists and the Training Science Lead with objective data and insightful analysis from physiological testing and monitoring to support training design and athlete progression.
- Deliver physiology world class basics in line with the GBCT strategy and guidance from the Senior Physiologists.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of work conducted with, and data collected from, athletes to provide engaging written and oral feedback to Senior Physiologists and the wider physical preparation team.
- At the direction of senior physiologists, develop educational material for GBCT athletes, coaches, and practitioners underpinned by current scientific research.
- Engage with and support continuous professional development including technical and non-technical development i.e., BASES accreditation; and be able to demonstrate knowledge and awareness of Athlete Support Personnel roles and responsibilities under the current World Anti-Doping Code.