England Lacrosse have opened the recruitment process to appoint a new Independent Board Chair to guide the organisation. England Lacrosse are looking for a progressive, knowledgeable, collaborative and enthusiastic leader who shares our passion to become a major team sport in England.
The Independent Non-Executive Chair will be an integral part of the England Lacrosse team at an exciting and pivotal point in the development of the sport, domestically and internationally, as lacrosse seeks to meet its Olympic and Commonwealth aspirations. You will lead the board in continuing to realise our mission of promoting and developing all forms of lacrosse, working with our board and staff to ensure that our values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork are upheld, whilst seeking to continue the governing body’s sustained development.
- Lead the development and delivery of the vision, 10 Year strategy, 4 Year business plan, company values and policies and to maintain a positive culture across the organisation.
- Chair meetings of the Board and, ensuring that through the Executive team, all members receive accurate, timely and clear information, in particular about the organisation’s performance and major incidents and problems to enable sound decisions, effective monitoring and the provision of suitable advice to take place.
- Together with the CEO prepare for and manage meetings to:
- Ensure that sufficient time is allowed for discussion of significant issues, encouraging active engagement by all Board members
- Identify, and ensure adequate steps are taken to address any potential conflict of interest
- Ensure that all matter discussed and agreed are properly recorded.
- Together with the CEO, act between meetings to ensure Board decisions are acted upon.
- Lead the Board’s evaluation of its own performance and prioritise and oversee implementation of any action required to improve the performance of the Board or of any of its members.