This is a great opportunity for an experienced and motivated professional with a successful track record of growing membership to join a reinvigorated membership function in a not-for-profit industry association.
Reporting to the chief operating officer, you will lead the delivery of a comprehensive membership strategy for the Grounds Management Association (GMA) in line with GMA objectives and review and develop our membership offer. You will utilise reporting and insights to inform and improve membership benefits and offerings and support across all business areas to effectively promote GMA Products and Services.
In collaboration with other teams, you will contribute to the effective management of membership related systems including CRM system, GMA Learning platform and GMA website and ensure all administration/customer support is effectively delivered to retain and grow membership.
Having spent at least 5+ years in a similar role in a membership organisation, you will be experienced in:
• Being successful at developing membership strategies and the associated supporting operations and having a track record in successfully growing membership
• Leading a membership or loyalty scheme within a major institution
• Delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns using digital marketing tools
• Using CRM / stakeholder management systems and interrogating data and reporting
• Membership engagement and events management
• Communicating and presenting to colleagues’, senior staff and Board and to external customers, stakeholders and partners
• Creating live events such as seminars, webinars, podcasts, and video content
This is an exciting time to be part of a membership function that would play a leading role in promoting and establishing the GMA membership as the ‘must-have’ for everyone working or volunteering in the turf care sector as part of a wider investment plan to deliver the GMA’s Five-Year Strategy.
You will bring membership growth, retention and engagement expertise and in collaboration with a small team, provide day to day support to members services. You will also work with all other GMA departments to provide a holistic membership offering and engagement that would provide a value proposition to deliver better outcomes for those who work in and with the grounds care industry.
The Grounds Management Association (GMA) is the UK’s leading industry body for the grounds care sector. A not-for-profit membership organisation promoting and protecting the interests of professional and volunteer grounds people who make sport possible by keeping green spaces and playing surfaces safe, accessible, and sustainable across educational establishments, community facilities, and sports clubs at grassroot, amateur, and elite professional level.