Boccia England is a registered charity and the National Governing Body (NGB) for boccia in England. We are responsible for all aspects of the sport in England from beginner to expert, providing for all levels of participation and are dedicated to improving the physical and emotional well-being of children and adults with disabilities through boccia.
It is an exciting time to join the team as we begin our new ambitious strategy for 2022-2032 and we return to our competition and events programme following the pandemic.
We are currently recruiting a Competition Manager to join our small staff team. Reporting to the Head of Development, this role will be responsible for developing, promoting, and delivering the Boccia England national and regional competition programme, ensuring high quality events which promote participation and where appropriate enable pathway talent identification.
As Competition Manager, your key duties will be:
• Leading the Boccia England competition programme, including the delivery of our new strategic plan relating to competition.
• Promote competition pathways to new and existing players/clubs/organisations.
• Monitor and evaluate the impact of competition programmes on participation and other Boccia England measures, through a dashboard of measurable participation metrics.
• Co-ordinate venue sourcing, booking and provision of relevant competition information, and delivery of our competitions supported by staff team and volunteers.
• Manage and prepare project reports and budgets.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to deliver our competition programme who has:
• A good knowledge of event and competition management and delivery
• Experience of organising events and competitions at national, regional, and local level
• Knowledge of the national sport landscape
• Knowledge of disability sport and the implications for disabled athletes and service delivery
• Experience of managing resources and budgets related to events and competitions.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to be proactive.
• Ability to work on their own initiative.
• Ability to travel independently and work weekends.
We want to hear from people who can make a positive contribution to our charity and who will bring new ideas and insight.
If you think you have the suitable skills and attributes for this role, then we would like to hear from you. It’s an exciting position in a friendly and supportive working environment.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and with disabilities.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant knowledge and experience, and what you could bring to our team to email@example.com, or post to Head of Business Support, Boccia England, Media House, Padge Road, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2RS.
Closing date: 5.00pm on Thursday 29th June 2022
Provisional interview date: 7th July 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Boccia England is fully committed to the principles of the equality of opportunity. It is responsible for ensuring that no job applicant, employee or volunteer receives less favourable treatment, on the grounds of age, colour, disability, ethnic minority, parental or marital status, nationality, religious belief, gender, social status or sexual preference, than any other.
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
It would help us if you were able to complete our equality and diversity monitoring form. Please note this does not form part of the recruitment process.