The Sport and Recreation Alliance believes that the power of sport and recreation can change lives and bring communities together. Together with our members and in partnership with the wider sector, we make the most of opportunities and tackle the areas that provide a challenge.
We provide advice, support and guidance to our members and the sector, who represent traditional governing bodies of games and sport, county sports partnerships, outdoor recreation, water pursuits, and movement and dance exercise. As the voice of the sector, we work with government, policy makers and the media to make sure grassroots sport and recreation grows and thrives. Having an active nation is important as it delivers huge benefits to society and the millions of participants, volunteers, staff and spectators.
For the team employed at the Alliance, it is more than just a job. The team all want to make a difference. The Alliance may be small, but the work and the impact is far-reaching. Whilst we are focused in meeting targets and delivering outcomes, we know that it is important that people maintain a healthy life-work balance and feel they are looked after. We actively encourage learning and development and are introducing a coaching approach to performance reviews and implementing a new recognition and reward framework.
This a busy role and represents a good chance to learn and make your mark. The environment is very positive and fun as you would expect in a sporting organisation, but we work hard. As a member of our team, you’ll be doing everything you can to deliver our strategy. And we’ll be doing everything we can to support you every step of the way. We’re committed to helping all of our team develop their skills and reach their full potential. From face-to face training to networking and volunteering – you’ll have all the opportunities you need to make the right moves for you. We know the postholder won’t start with expertise in all these areas and we will help develop your knowledge.
Benefits of working at the Alliance
Below is a list of the range of benefits we offer our employees.
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing to 27 days after 3 years and 30 days after 5 years. Paid bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 5 days leave per year.
- In addition, we offer 3.5 privilege days which is taken between Christmas and New Year.
- 2 moments that matter days to be taken each year which can be used for whatever is important to you - from celebrating a birthday to a movie day.
- 4 volunteering days per year.
- No long-hours culture. Our team work hard but we strongly discourage late working. We like our team to be able to enjoy their personal life as well as their time at work.
- Centrally located attractive office in Holborn which includes collaboration spaces and is close to shops, cafes, bars, gyms and sport clubs.
- Hybrid working from day 1 – all the team do a mixture of working at home and office working.
- Focus on learning and development. The team are encouraged to discuss their career paths with their line managers as our new approach to performance appraisals. We also tap into the expertise within the sector for employees to shadow with possible mentoring opportunities and a focus on learning from each other including our Board members.
- Enhanced sick leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Special leave ranging from dependents and carers leave, household emergency, moving house through to bereavement leave for family members and pets.
- Private healthcare with Vitality which includes a range of reward partners.
- £250 annually towards gym, sports club or sports equipment purchases.
- Choice of 2 pension providers.
- Access to an employee assistance programme through Health Assured should you need additional financial or emotional support. We annually train members of our team to become Mental Health First Aiders.
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Diversity is valued within our team. More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to shape our values and behaviours and we open our doors to those who share those values.
Every role in the Alliance team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socioeconomics, age, nationality, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
Our recruitment process anonymises your application at shortlisting stage. If you are invited to interview and you have a physical or mental medical condition which could impact on your ability to participate in the Alliance’s recruitment process, please let us know before your interview by emailing the recruitment in box.
Please refer to the job description to see the main tasks and responsibilities.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the essential skills, knowledge and experience and why you want the role. Your covering letter should be 2 sides of A4 maximum. Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 5 June 2022.
Protecting your data
Prior to completing and submitting an application, please refer to our privacy notices on our website.
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
It would really help us if you were able to complete our equality and diversity monitoring survey. This does not form part of the recruitment process.
Recruitment Agencies - Please note we are only looking at direct sourcing for this role and if this were to change, we will contact our preferred agencies directly.