- The YLTA is an unincorporated association of 158 tennis venues/clubs in Yorkshire and its purpose is to nurture their interests and through the process of funding initiatives, county training and fielding age related teams in national competitions. The most talented players are assisted to gain acceptance on the national Player Pathway.
- The present Chairman is stepping down at the end of 2022 having served the maximum term of 8 years. The LTA and all County Tennis Associations are in the process of updating their own governance frameworks as well as incorporating the relevant association into a limited by guarantee company or charity.
- It is desired that a new Chair (Designate) is appointed by the end of July 2022 so that he/she may be fully involved in this modernisation process and be ready to lead the organisation on 1 January 2023.
- As part of the process of “Opening up tennis” and making the sport truly inclusive, the YLTA welcomes all candidates from as broad a range of backgrounds as possible.
- The range of activities, governance framework and all other activities of the YLTA can be found at www.yorkshiretennis.org.uk.
- This is an exciting time for tennis in Yorkshire and the new Chair/Chairman would be leading a motivated and successful team.
Person sought and time commitment required:
- The position is voluntary, and expenses will be paid in accordance with YLTA policy.
- A role description along with the skills and experience desired can be found by selecting the apply now option located on this page.
- The average time commitment required is typically 4+ hours split over a week with evening meetings up to 9 times a year. A significant percentage of the work can be carried at a time of the Chair’s discretion.
- Meetings are held both virtually and in-person.
- A self-employed administrator assists the Chair arranging meetings, agendas, minutes and general duties and correspondence.
More information on the role and applying can be found by selecting the apply now option located on this page.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Tuesday 31 May 2022.