Tournament Director - the PGA in England and Wales (South West)
The PGA’s vision is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members. To assist with delivering its core objectives, the PGA is seeking to recruit a Tournament Director based at it’s regional office at Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club, Exeter. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Tournament Director will be responsible for planning, developing and delivering the Regional Tournament schedule on a daily basis for Members throughout the Region, overseeing the administration, delivery and activation of events primarily within the region but occasionally throughout the UK and internationally as required.
Principal duties include:
- To act as an Ambassador of The PGA at all times, promoting key organisational messages and always presenting the Association, PGA Members, Partners and Golf in a positive light.
- To support the Regional Manager in providing administration, management, promotion, scheduling and delivering all tournaments in the Region in line with PGA standards, company policy and tournament policies.
- Conduct planning meetings and course inspections for each Tournament.
- Record and distribute meeting minutes and reports ensuring all tournaments are adequately planned and resourced to meet the standards and expectations of PGA Members, host venues, amateur golfers and sponsors/partners.
- Prepare Local Rules and all relevant tournament paperwork in preparation for the event (eg scorecards, pin placements, conditions, posters etc including BlueGolf).
- To organise, administer and manage delivery on each Tournament day (ie registration, starting, recording, applying rulings and regulations, etc).
- Ensuring PGA obligations relating to tournament sponsors/partners are achieved against contract. Collate and post results, conduct prize-giving and all relevant presentations.
- Manage all Press & PR as agreed for the Tournament, liaising with and co-ordinating the regional press officer or Media team as appropriate.
- Manage tournament support equipment.
- Deploy the required tournament staff to ensure PGA and Customer Service standards are met and assuming responsibility for health and safety legislation, driving and working hours regulations.
- Occasional driving of the tournament vehicles to and from events as and when required.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of tournament management software (BlueGolf) and ensuring the accuracy of administrative and public facing information regarding tournaments.
- Support the Regional Manager and office staff when not at Tournaments.
- Ensuring standard operating procedures are in place and followed for all tournament activity.
- Ensuring all events are adequately budgeted and then delivered within those pre-agreed budgets.
- Formulating accurate and relevant statistics relating to tournaments.
- Telephone and digital communications with Members, Golf Clubs and Sponsors.
- Play an active role in achieving Regional KPI’s designed to meet the PGA’s strategy in terms of Member engagement, Financial targets, Benevolence & Welfare, Communication and realising commercial and playing opportunities.
For more information on the role including the full job description select the apply now option located on this page.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 28 January 2022.