Chief Medical Officer (working with British Sailing)
The post holder will provide sports medicine services to the RYA as part of the World Class Performance Programme, contributing to the achievement of the aims and objectives of the British Sailing Team through being directly responsible for:
- Strategically leading Sports Medicine services for The British Sailing Team;
- Design, implement and be accountable to processes that ensure standards of medical care are maintained and improved that support athlete health, wellbeing and performance;
- Work alongside the NGB Senior Leadership team to provide expert medical advice, problem solve and provide solutions to the WCP;
- Subject to Performance support discussions, provide medical services to the British Sailing Team at Olympic Games.
Shared responsibility for (alongside Head of Performance Support and Lead Physiotherapist):
- Developing, implementing and coordinating medical services for World Class Programme athletes at training venues and camps around the country and overseas as appropriate;
- Implementation and overseeing of medical policy that communicates best practice operations;
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team delivering services to elite athletes and coaches that support an individual’s ability to engage in World Class high performance competition and training.
- Desire to embed yourself in a high support, high challenge Performance team;
- Have a passion for your role within high performance environment and enjoy the Olympic journey;
- Enjoy working in an agile, and/or innovate way.
For more information on the role and to apply select the apply now option located on this page.
The deadline for receipt of applications is midnight on Wednesday 8 December 2021.