Term: Three years, subject to a maximum of two three-year terms. Maximum six years in any period of seven.
Time Commitment: The Committee meets up to four times annually and members are also asked to participate on working groups on an adhoc basis.
Voluntary: Expenses included
The EACC is seeking to appoint up to four Committee members who will provide direct specialist support and expertise in strategy, public and government affairs, policy development and consultation at a national and international level. These roles will provide critical leadership, support and challenge to the RYA in navigating the complexities arising from a changing policy landscape. The Committee meets up to four times annually however member involvement in projects, engagement and mentoring opportunities outside of formal Committee meetings will be encouraged where appropriate.
Expertise in strategy, policy development, regulation, government consultation and governance to support the Committee on relevant policy and strategy matters.
• Experience and a track record of networking and lobbying; establishing, brokering and building strategic relationships with multiple external stakeholders and networks on a national and international platform.
• Experience of working within a complex, multi stakeholder environment and political context including an understanding of membership organisations and the voluntary sector.
• Sound understanding of sustainable business practice and strong commitment to promoting and embedding diversity and inclusion.
• Influential, articulate politically astute.
• Integrity, good judgement and independence of mind.
• A knowledge of boating, whilst desirable, is not essential but curiosity to understand its complexity is essential, as is a belief in the inherent value sport plays in society.
How to apply
The Royal Yachting Association will be assisted in this appointment by executive search firm Perrett Laver.
For more information, please visit: https://candidates.perrettlaver.com/vacancies/ quoting the reference 5457. A member of the team would be delighted to speak directly with interested candidates about the opportunity. The deadline for applications is Midday 26th November 2021.
The RYA as an equal opportunity and disability confident employer and believes that a diverse workforce boosts innovation, productivity and creativity. The RYA is dedicated to promoting equity and inclusion, and celebrates and welcomes diversity in all is forms. We strive to be an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can be their authentic selves.