Performance Nutritionist (Maternity Cover-working with British Para-Swimming)
This role will develop and deliver nutritional support for the World Class Programme athletes, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to create a world class high performance training environment.
Main Tasks and Activities
Work with the British Para-Swimming coaching and multi-disciplinary sport science team to improve performance. The main roles and responsibilities will be:
- Develop, implement and monitor innovative and evidence based practical nutrition strategies tailored to the needs of the sport and individuals.
- Actively promote the role of food to enhance performance and health.
- Ensure that the delivery of nutrition support effectively meets the objectives and commitments of athletes, coaches and National Governing Bodies.
- Work with coaches and support staff in determining appropriate methods of implementing the overall programme of nutrition service - including strategic support, educational programmes, individual consultations, and group sessions as required.
- Support world class athletes at major camps and competitions.
- Work within the rules of professional confidentiality, liaise with athletes, primary care managers, parents, coaches and other support staff as appropriate within the rules of the SENr Code of Conduct, standards and guidelines and where appropriate, the EIS host agency.
- Maintain a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted with athletes and coaches, including detailed records of work done with individual athletes.
- Having the willingness to engage with and support continuous professional development in anti-doping, i.e. UKAD Accredited Advisor Certification.
- Can demonstrate knowledge and awareness of Athlete Support Personnel roles and responsibilities under the current World Anti-Doping Code.
More information including the full job description can be found by selecting the apply now option located on this page.
The deadline for receipt of applications is midnight on Sunday 24 October 2021.