The Professional Golfers’ Association is seeking an experienced Social Medial Editor to enhance and assist with the delivery of its communications.
Established in 1901, the PGA’s mission is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members through its strategic principles of providing world class services, influencing and delivering through its Members and delivering exceptional prestige standards. To effectively support its strategic delivery objectives, The PGA is seeking to recruit a Social Media Editor who will be part of our Media team, reporting to our Head of Communications.
The ideal candidate will drive the Association’s social media and digital content ambitions, enabling better promotion of The PGA brand, activities of The PGA, PGA Members and Partners. The role is critical to ensuring the successful implementation of the social media and digital communications strategy, as well as improving communication with Members, the golf industry and the wider golfing public.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan, create and deliver engaging content across all social media platforms in support of the wider communications activities of The PGA.
- Drive development of an effective social media programme to increase engagement and reach to a range of agreed audiences as well as supporting regional teams with their social media activity.
- Own and manage the social media posting schedule to effectively promote PGA campaigns and initiatives, Member activity, commercial Partners, industry bodies and The PGA itself.
- Work with the media team to implement the broader digital content strategy, ensuring all content is effectively presented through social channels for trade and consumer audiences.
- Create a range of content for PGA media channels as required, both for internal (PGA Members) and external (industry/consumers) audiences – this could include anything from features articles and partner activations to video interviews or podcast/webinar content.
- Assist with planning and production of PGA Live podcasts and webinars.
- As a key member of the media team, work with stakeholders from across the organisation on a range of projects, providing ideas and support for initiatives to support our commercial and business objectives.
- Assist with regular reporting, using analytics to understand trends and optimise and improve content, delivering digital platform excellence, against agreed KPIs.
- Providing insight on new trends, developments and platforms to help maximise social reach.
For more information on the role select the apply now option located on this page.
The deadline for receipt of applications is midday on Wednesday 20 October 2021.