Head of Therapy and Medical Services
The UK Athletics World-Class Programme (WCP) is seeking an exceptional leader and Physiotherapist (or equivalent) to lead and manage the Therapy and Medical Services of the Performance Support team.
UK Athletics has set out a bold and ambitious plan to create a step-change in how it works with and supports athletes. To deliver this, transformational change has begun to implement an athlete-centred, connected performance athletic system across the UK, that consistently produces athletes capable of success and winning medals at global championships.
The Head of Therapy and Medical Services is one of 4 lead posts that reports to the Head of Performance Support. It is responsible for the services of Sports Medicine and all physical therapies, including physiotherapy, osteopathy and soft tissue therapy. It is a critical role in the process of reviewing, iterating and strategic development as part of an agile and proactive change management process and will include:
- Developing and leading the British Athletics medical and therapy strategy to optimise the physical health of athletes to enable them to train continuously and productively and to perform at their best at major events.
- Ensuring that therapy and medical needs are met for all athletes on the WCP within training and at championships irrespective of location.
- Provide leadership of WCP medical support services, including line management, strategic alignment of the WCP strategy and approach across support teams and development of systems, processes and ways of working.
- Provide clinical management for athletes on the WCP.
- Develop and manage other partner stakeholder and network relationships.
Further details can be found by selecting the apply now option located on this page.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 10 October 2021.
Interviews will be scheduled during week commencing Monday 18 October 2021.
For a confidential discussion or if you have any questions on the role, please contact Tommy Yule, Head of Performance Support at email@example.com.