Clean Athletics Support and Education Officer
Required to work from UK Athletics Headquarters (Alexander Stadium, Birmingham) or the National Performance Institute on the Loughborough University Campus.
UK Athletics (UKA) is seeking to appoint a Clean Athletics Support and Education Officer with the purpose to:
- Provide targeted Clean Athletics education, information and support to all levels of the athletics community and their support personnel.
- Promote the principles of Clean Athletes domestically by encouraging compliance with, and respect of, anti-doping rules and regulations and supporting athletes to prevent inadvertent breaches.
- To be responsible for the delivery of the final agreed Clean Athletics Education strategy.
- Develop, oversee and manage the Clean Athletics education delivery network to activate the strategy. You will ensure that all members of the network maintain their accredited status and allocate Educators to deliver sessions/Outreach as required.
- Develop, manage, implement and oversee an effective support structure to help athletes comply with their Clean Athletics responsibilities, with priority on those athletes who have the greatest exposure to testing.
- Build excellent relationships with partners, particularly with athletes and their support staff but also with other internal and external partners, to develop the most effective education and support programmes.
Required experience for this role include:
- Experience of the delivery of education and support.
- Customer focus and partnership development.
- Experience in, and knowledge of, anti-doping.
- Development and implementation of programmes, strategies and/or projects.
For further details on the role select the apply now option located on this page and view the job description.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 29 September 2021.
For a confidential discussion or if you have any questions on the role, please contact Mark Munro, Development Director at MMunro@britishathletics.org.uk.
In the result of high volumes of applications, UK Athletics reserves the right to close the vacancy ahead of the stated closing date - please apply early to avoid disappointment. We will endeavor to reply to all applicants but if you do not hear from us with two weeks of the closing date, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
As the nation’s favourite Olympic and Paralympic Sport, UK Athletics embraces equality, diversity and inclusion both on and off the field of play where everyone can participate. We encourage job applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
UK Athletics is a Disability Confident Leader and will guarantee an interview to any candidate with a disability who meets the minimum job criteria.
Our core values: Respect, Accountability, Quality, Communication and Integrity are at the heart of everything we do and it is our aim that UK Athletics continues to demonstrate a culture of inclusion to reflect the diversity of the sport.