Head Coach - Paralympic
UK Athletics (UKA) is recruiting a Head Coach to lead the Paralympic World Class Programme, a key component of the single athletics performance and talent system within the UK.
The successful candidate will be joining the UK National Governing Body, at the heart of a new joint vision and plan, shared with the governing bodies in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. ‘An Athletic Nation’ is our vision and plan to make sure that running, throwing, jumping and pushing is open and available to everyone.
The UKA Head Coach – Paralympic will be a key role in this new era for our sport. You will report to the Performance Director and be a key part of the Performance Leadership Team. You will have specific responsibility for setting and overseeing the delivery of the competition and training budget and plan for Para athletes at the highest level, delivering the UKA Paralympic World Class Programme (WCP), focussed on the GB&NI senior teams at major championships with a view to achieving success at future European, World Championships and the Paralympic Games.
THE ROLE PURPOSE
- Responsible for leading the Paralympic World Class Performance (WCP) and national senior teams at major championships with a view to achieving success at future WPA European Championships, WPA Championships and the Paralympic Games.
- To manage and maintain productive relationships with the coaches of the GB&NI athletes.
- Implement the Paralympic WCP strategic plan, while maintaining connectivity with the other parts of the High Performance System.
CANDIDATE ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience of successfully coaching in Para athletics and achieving world class performances at international events and championships.
- Experience in collating and analysing data associated with performance sports programmes, to improve athlete performance.
- Demonstrated effective planning, implementation and management of major projects, programmes or services for the enhancement of a National Governing Body or similar sized organisation.
- Proven experience of developing, leading and managing successful teams.
- Experience of managing and prioritising budgets.
CANDIDATE ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Extensive knowledge of the full range of Para coaching and support services required to support athletics high performance programmes.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of national and international Para athletics.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to effectively plan, implement, manage and balance a complex programme of work within agreed timelines.
For further details on the role select the apply now option located on this page and view the job description.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 3 October 2021.
UKA encourages job applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender reassignment, disability, pregnancy and maternity.