As part of the recently established Research & Development team within the Alliance, the Project Development and Investment Officer will report into the Research and Development Manager and will hold the following core responsibilities:
- Leadership and support in the development of projects: you will work with the Alliance team and its members to develop projects that will contribute to the achievement of operational objectives. Specifically, this will focus on projects aimed at increasing income and/or enhancing the ability of the Alliance/our members to achieve our respective goals.
- Leading the identification and bidding for external funding and investment: you will play a leading role in the identification and bid-development for external funding opportunities. The opportunities identified will primarily focus on enhancing the resources of the Alliance and/or members. The additional resources you help to secure will enable key projects, that would otherwise go undelivered, to be actioned.
- Where required, support with the project management and delivery of projects: principally focused on the R&D team, but with scope to support projects across the Alliance, you will support in the delivery and management of projects.
This is a role which will demand a flexible approach, the capacity to recognise and proactively address organisational and member needs and the ability to support the development of projects and programmes with realistic budgets and schedules. It will also involve engagement with members, partners and internal teams to identify funding opportunities. Experience of securing funding to support development and project work will be a great asset.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep abreast of current funding streams and opportunities open to the Alliance and the wider sport and recreation sector including areas around Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and Sustainability.
- Proactively engage with members and partners to identify and develop credible projects.
- Proactively engage with external funders and partners to identify funding opportunities to help resource and support either Alliance or member-led projects.
- Work with internal teams to turn innovative ideas into detailed project proposals and develop a pipeline of fundable projects.
- Develop and write bids for grant funding to support business priorities.
- Provide detailed information and administrative support to the Research and Development team to support project development and delivery.
- Represent the Alliance with external partners and members in a positive and professional way, which promotes the organisation’s vision, values, aims and objectives.
- Be flexible, adaptable and willing to take on other tasks when required and any other duties as reasonably required.
- To collect and collate monitoring information and evaluation information and to prepare and submit reports and updates for funding partners.
- Evaluate the impact of projects and proposals for future project work.
- Support and manage new project work as requested. This includes project management support, conducting research, leading project meetings, liaising with funders and creating reports.
- General administrative duties when required and any other duties as reasonably required.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree level qualification, or equivalent.
- Strong partnership working skills with the ability to build effective relationships with Alliance members, partners and funders to ensure that agreed objectives are met.
- Excellent communication, customer skills and interpersonal skills with both internal and external audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to write for different audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to priortise workloads and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to turn initial product and service development ideas into fundable proposals.
- Knowledge and experience of working with MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience of utilising a CMS and CRM system.
- Have the ability to manage/assist projects by establishing roles and responsibilities.
- Be able to work as a member of a team and have the confidence and self-motivation to work alone when required.
- Be willing to support team members across the Alliance, as necessary, with administrative tasks.
- Experience of identifying funding opportunities and developing and drafting grant proposals, ideally in a sporting context or similar environment.
- Experience working in a project-based team or environment with the ability to establish and support effective relationships between funders, project managers and delivery teams.
- Experience of project management and/or in implementing project management systems.
- Experience of project-based contracting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience of working in a sports and/or a political environment.
- Experience of working in a membership organisation.
How to apply
To apply, please request an application form by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to complete the full application form paying particular attention to the supporting statement section outlining why you want the role and how you meet the role specification. Refer to our guidance notes for applicants and full job description to help you when applying. You can also include a CV.
Send your completed application form to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Monday 4 October 2021. Dates for interview to be confirmed.
The Sport and Recreation Alliance believes that a child, young person or adult at risk should never experience abuse of any kind. We all have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children and young people and to keep them safe. Therefore, all posts undergo a safer recruitment process, including but not limited to, disclosure of criminal records where necessary and eligibility to work in the UK. We have procedures in place to promote safeguarding and a safe culture at the Alliance.
Prior to completing and submitting an application, please refer to our privacy notices on our website.
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
It would really help us if you were able to complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Survey.
This does not form part of the recruitment process.
Recruitment Agencies - please note we are only looking at direct sourcing for this role and if this were to change, we will contact our preferred agencies directly. Due to the volume of approaches we are receiving, we kindly ask that you refrain from inquiring about this role.