Football Development Officer (Youth and Mini Soccer)
Location: Kent FA HQ, Invicta House, Cobdown Park, London Road, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 6DQ.
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000
Hours per week: 35 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 27 September 2021
Vacancy Type: Full Time position, 35 hours per week. Fixed Term contract until 2024
Kent FA is looking for an enthusiastic Football Development Officer (Youth & Mini Soccer) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation and delivery of the FA National Game Strategy and the Kent Football Strategy, helping to deliver a sustainable plan for growth and quality across the youth football pathway.
- Work collaboratively through local strategic networks within the community to support the growth and retention of youth players through key FA programmes.
- Provide football development support and advice to clubs and leagues.
- Complete an annual analysis of youth football to map participation and identify gaps in provision.
- Facilitate the movement of male players from mini-soccer to youth football and youth football to adult football.
- Develop programmes to support and grow male football provision, with a focus on retaining 12 to 18-year-old male players.
- Deliver a programme of services to club and league volunteers, with an emphasis on gaining more FA-accredited clubs and leagues.
- Provide or facilitate the development of other formats of football (e.g. futsal) that reflect changing participant behaviour and expectations.
- Collaborate with the Designated Safeguarding Officer in all matters involving under-18s within football development programmes.
For more information on the role including the job and person specifications select the apply now option located on this page.
To apply please complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return them to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Monday 27 September 2021. Applications received after the deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 1 October 2021 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time. Interviews will be held week commencing 4 October 2021.
If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.