British Wrestling is seeking to appoint a performance manager to lead, develop and maintain a Wrestling performance pathway.
This exciting opportunity in an Olympic and Commonwealth sport will involve leading and developing wrestling’s performance pathway to develop suitably skilled wrestlers to qualify for Olympic Games. This will include the continued development and implementation of pathway standards at all levels of the performance pathway. The role will involve working closely with Home Nation countries, coaches, officials, management, administrative staff and scientific support personnel.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To create and drive a World Class environment and medal-winning culture across the whole programme, through the building of strong relationships with all stakeholders including Home Nation countries, coaches, officials, management, administrative staff and scientific support personnel.
- Design, communicate and deliver Wrestling’s Performance Pathway strategy to develop suitably skilled wrestlers to qualify for Olympic Games.
- Ensure operational support is coordinated and provided for effective pathway delivery.
- Develop and embed What It Takes To Win (WITTW) as a curriculum of performance development that defines the skills, competencies and abilities required at each stage of development across the Performance Pathway.
- Work with the GBR Coaches and Home Nation coaches to plan an annual squad calendar that enables athlete development and progression.
- Coordinate and manage selection meetings for all major championships and competitions.
- Build collaborative, effective and robust working relationships with Home Country coaches and support staff.
- Review coaching qualifications and align with WITTW standards.
- Lead and manage a British Wrestling Coach Development Programme that supports the learning and delivery of coaches at all levels of the pathway.
For full details of the role and person specification please head to our website.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Craig Anthony on 07972 780542 or email@example.com.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly state in the covering letter how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification. The deadline for applications is midnight on Friday 25 June 2021.