The Sport and Recreation Alliance believes that the power of sport and recreation can change lives and bring communities together. With our members and in partnership with the wider sector, we make the most of opportunities and tackle the areas that provide a challenge.
We do this by providing advice, support and guidance and by being the voice of the sector. Working with Government, policy makers and the media, we help grassroots sport and recreation grow and thrive. Having an active nation is important as it delivers huge benefits to society and the millions of participants, volunteers, staff and spectators.
Our new strategy 2021 – 2025 will be on our website 27 April 2021.
Our Purpose, Vision, Mission and Values sit at the heart of our new strategy and provide the touchstone for everything we plan to do over the coming years.
Skills and Experience
This year, we are looking for a Director who has skills and experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Disability Sport;
- Public Health and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
And if you are excited about/can demonstrate:
- Creative and strategic thinking that challenges/refines conventional ways the sector has operated;
- Using your skills to constructively challenge group thinking and potential inhibiters to change at a national level;
- Making a clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of under-represented groups in sport and recreation;
- The potential of the UK’s sport and recreation landscape to change lives for the better.
Previous Board experience is not necessary and we welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds.
How to Apply
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 14 May 2021.
For more detailed information about the Alliance and a list of the current Directors, please visit our website. For an informal discussion about the role of Director please contact the Chair, Andrew Moss on firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Company Secretary.