The Health & Wellbeing Director will be an advocate for good health and wellbeing in, and through, football and will promote and champion health & wellbeing initiatives that will benefit Board, Members, Staff and the football family across North Riding.
We are particularly looking for someone with the following skills:
- Experience of leading health & wellbeing strategies.
- Experience of implementing workplace health & wellbeing improvement initiatives.
- Experience of partnership working to improve the health & wellbeing of under-represented groups.
The successful candidate will work with the Board and the CEO to:
- Lead the creation of a health & wellbeing strategy for North Riding FA.
- Oversee, and develop, innovative solutions to improve the physical and mental health of those involved in football in North Riding, including staff.
- Engage effectively with stakeholders including leagues, clubs and Local Authorities to support the delivery of health & wellbeing initiatives.
- Identify, facilitate and develop relationships with non-traditional delivery partners.
It is important that the Board reflects the communities that we serve and we are therefore particularly interested in attracting people with disabilities and those from ethnic minority communities.
All candidates will need to have a real empathy with the work of North Riding FA, good business and communication skills and be willing to commit to attending regular Board meetings, as well as strategic and stakeholder events.
Board meetings are normally held in Stokesley. This is a voluntary position but Board Members receive a casual car user allowance of 40p per mile to attend meetings.
For further information on the role please phone Steven Wade, Chief Executive Officer on (01642) 717777.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 10 May 2021.